Thursday, June 19, 2008

CDH Awareness Day Blood Drive

"Uncle" Mark giving blood in memory of Andrew



Daddy giving blood in memory of Andrew




Tara and mommy at the blood drive




Emily, me, and Vicki (Jack's mom, organizer)
This is a long much past due post forgive me. March 31, 2008 was CDH Awareness Day. Vicki, Jack's mom, organized a blood drive that she asked Emily and I to be a part of and help her with. I thought that would be a good way to remember Andrew and do something in his memory even though he never made it that far to need the blood transfusions. Other people from my family as long as Vicki's husband came out to show support, but did not give blood because they are unable to. Joe's sister, Emily, was the only one that could give blood out of who showed up and we didnt get a picture. Overall the blood drive was a huge success!

No comments: