Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Jack

Today is Jack's first birthday. Many probably wonder why I am posting this on Andrew's blog. I was informed about Vicki, Jack's mom, and Jack through my high risk OB doctor. I never heard of this defect and it was so bizzare to me at the time that there were two babies diagnosed within 1 year of each other living in the same city and going to the same doctor. Later when I went home and started reasearching I figured out that this defect is not that uncommon, there is just not much awareness! Vicki and I met and actually determined that we worked in the same building as well we just didnt know who each other was at the time. Vicki was very helpful and supportive throughout Andrew's short journey with CDH and she is still very much a friend that I can share my memories of Andrew with. I am so glad that I was able to meet her, even though it was through the worst circumstances. Jack's journey is posted in a link on Andrew's blog. I encourage any expecting parents of a CDH baby to read it. He is an amazing story of a CDH fighter and survivor!

1 comment:

Vicki Jensen said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes for Jack! I'm sure Andrew was smiling down on him for his birthday.