Thursday, December 18, 2008

Andrew is going to be a "big" brother (and Tara a "big" sister again)

I guess I can finally share my news since I have made it just shy of the 13 week mark of pregnancy. Yesterday I actually went in for my first ultrasound scan and was reassured that so far everything looks good. That was such wonderful news to hear. Although I guess I should try to relax and not think about what could happen it is hard sometimes not to. I must say though i thought that I was going to be reacting a bit differently than I am. I asked the doctor to try and guess the sex but no such luck. The baby would not show us a clear picture and it is really early to tell. I have to back every three weeks for scans so I will definately know on January 7th. Although we should be just wanting a healthy baby keep your fingers crossed for a boy!

I must say that my employer has really been accomadating this pregnancy and let me work at home for the first trimester. I work in a laboratory with different chemicals and i just wanted to make sure this time I was really protected against anything that I could have been exposed to.

Chistmas is just around the corner and I am very excited. Tara is super excited and it is so cute to see her this way. I thought that it would have been harder getting into the christmas spirit this year but it doesnt seem to be the case. I know Andrew is in a better place and he would have been suffering for maybe the rest of his life with this defect and GOD had a better plan for him. I know that he will have lots of fun celebrating with his great-grandparents and will be watching over us this holiday season. I hope that everyone has a very merry christmas and a happy new year!

5 comments:

mummy to angel SKYLA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mummy to angel SKYLA said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I am so happy for you. I am also pregnant. I am due may 09 with a little boy. I also lost my daughter to CDH this year in June.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.

Kristy, mum to Angel Skyla, LCDH 13/10/07-13/6/08

http://skylacdhbaby.blogspot.com

Vicki Jensen said...

CONGRATS!!! I want to see some ultrasound pictures

:-)

Vic

Liz and Shane said...

We are so happy you are Prego! Congrats!
Merry Christmas

Nimkee's Mum said...

Congratulations Tracey.....a new angel blessing...what wonderful news! I just saw your link at boh and decided to check it out.

I am sure that our angels are together watching down and wishing us a joyous *~*Happy New Year*~*

All the best to you and yours in 2009!

Peace & Nimkee blessings,
Melissa-^Angel^Bennett-Chadlen's mum