Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Cemetary



We have decorated the grave for fall and I must say that it looks very pretty. I have added a picture for everyone to see. Tara picked out a very tiny pumpkin for her baby brother that you can barely see in the picture. My mom took out the tiny scarecrow. Tara is so cute and very understanding about the whole situation for a four year old. I could not ask for a better daughter. Dont mind the outfits we change as soon as we get home from work and were not anticipating any pictures being taken that evening. I had a very hard day today not understanding why. The only thing I can think os is that this weekend we went to where I grew up and several people asked me what Tara was being for Halloween (Philadelphia Eagles cheerleader), which I could answer, but not without also mentioning that her baby brother was supposed to be the football player to accompany her. I think that it finally really hit and I am kind of dreading taking her trick or treating for that reason because it will remind me of him not being able to be here with us. I tried her outfit on in the hopes that maybe it would fit her next year and then maybe there would be another baby boy Burdette, but the outfit will probably not fit her so we are wearing it instead of wasting the money on it. There is now a backup plan so that if she does get a baby brother again then she could be a University of Maryland cheerleader and he could be the turtle (mascot).

1 comment:

CDHi Admin said...

Saying prayers for you during this holiday season. If you need to talk, please let me know.

Dawn
mommy to Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) CDH, multiple birth defects and complications

CHERUBS - Congenial Diaphragmatic Hernia Research Awareness and Support - http://www.cdhsupport.org
CDH Forums - http://www.cdhsupport.org/members
CDH Research - http://www.cdhresearch.org