Thursday, January 29, 2009

1 year ago

One year ago today is when we received the devestating news about Andrew's CDH. I can remember it like yesterday and it is so hard to believe that it has been that long already. Where has a year gone? I can remember going home from that appointment and trying to find out so much information about this condition. I was in complete astonishment and disbelief. This was even before we knew how severe his defect was. I was able to find other families stories through blogs and carepages which was very helpful. My doctor's office had given me Vicki's, (Jack's mom) contact information and I remember getting in contact with her for the first time. I was so apprehensive about the whole thing. I knew my emotions were going to get the best of me. I remember thinking I dont even know this person and I am going to have a major meltdown. I am so glad now today that I made that phone call as she has offered me so much support and continues to be such a good friend!

1 comment:

Vicki Jensen said...

I can't believe it's been a year! I can remember every detail of our phone conversation. I'm so glad Dr. Kramer got us in touch with each other. We've been through a lot together with Jack and Andrew and I'm so happy that we can enjoy happy pregnancies this time around (and Emily too)!
Vic